I join the Publicity Club of Chicago Wednesday, October 7th for an evening of networking with some of the city’s most influential media and public relations professionals.
In the daily whirlwind of deadlines, follow-ups, and congested calendars, I’ll admit some of us are tech savvy to a fault. I find some of my colleagues preferring iPhone’s FaceTime to an old-fashioned GTKY lunch. My hope is that the convenience of technology will enhance the ways we to maintain and foster professional relationships rather than serve as a substitute – or even worse – an impediment as we struggle to glance away from our phones long enough to make eye contact.
Simply put, there’s no substitute for a genuine face-to-face connection.
“How Fast Can You Pitch?” at Edelman Chicago serves as my reminder. I hope you’ll join us.
Check out the panel of media representatives:
- Dometi Pongo, News Director, WVON Radio
- Jessica Wohl, Ad Age
- Will Flanagan, ChicagoInno
- Shia Kapos, Senior Reporter & Columnist, Crain’s Chicago Business
- Blanca Rios, Assignment Editor, ABC 7 Chicago
- Kristen Schorsch, Business Healthcare Reporter, Crain’s Chicago Business
- Rick Bell, Managing Editor, Human Capital Media
My introduction to the Publicity Club of Chicago came around this time last year. Click the photo below to check out a few pictures.